Help Article Archive
The articles below were written circa 1999 thru 2002.Posted here in original form, (this used to be the Site for FeatureLook.com) Some of these may still be relevant today, others may be a bit dated, but are left up here for historical purposes.
Andy's Article Links
Reprints of articles by Andy Somers
Articles on the Avid:
Some general sound articles:
Suitable for printing, framing,
wrapping fish and lining birdcages...
OLDER ARTICLE ARCHIVESThe articles below may not be particularly relevant to
today's technology. They are here for historical reference.
For DV filmmakers, these DV tips are a must read!
- Andy's DV Tip #1 covering tape stock.
- Andy's DV Tip #2 covering aspect ratio.
- Andy's DV Tip #3 covering PAL and NTSC options.
While the Final Cut Pro tips below relate to version 1.2.5, they still have useful information in them.
Using Quicktime Video with Pro Tools
- ProTools #1: Using Quicktime Video with ProTools
- ProTools #2: Using Quicktime Video with ProTools
- ProTools #3: Using Quicktime Video with ProTools
- ProTools #4: Using QT video with low end ProTools systems.
- Adam Wilt's pages of VERY useful information!
- ProLost: Stu Maschwitz' excellent filmmaking blog.
- Creative Cow forums a great resource.
- CONTACT US General Titles Contact Form.
- Andy's Voiceover Demo Site Andrew Somers is also a voiceover actor, hear his demo!